- Healing circle support groups
- One-on-one peer support by certified Peer Specialists who have lived experience with trauma.
- Education and awareness: Town Hall discussions and workshops
- Sankofa Drum Circle
- Health Equity for Black Women “Lunch and Learn Workshops.
- Mother to Mother Grief Support Group.
- Information, resources, and referrals for services
We are a healing circle supporting Black women who have experienced trauma
We come from all walks of life.
Our mission is to increase awareness and develop a network of services and circles of individualized support for Black/African American women affected by trauma in Milwaukee County.
We provide education and awareness about trauma and its effects on our community. Our Sister Talks are healing circles where women can talk and be heard and happen twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 1 -2:30 PM. We’re here to listen to and support one another in a safe and confidential space. We are located in Milwaukee at 3910 W. Lisbon Ave. Currently online on Zoom due to Covid-19. Contact us for more information.
“Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.”Buddha
“Dance can free people from some of their oppression. Just by using the body in its rhythmic patterns, it heightens circulation. Then if you work hard enough… There is a purifying process in dancing.”
Katherine Dunham, choreographer/dancer